1427/1428 | Quiklook 3-FS Combo Class
This 5-day course uses lecture and hands-on labs to teach students to properly set up and acquire diagnostic data using the QUIKLOOK 3-FS or FlowScanner 6000 valve diagnostic system. This course teaches proper setup of hardware and software, accurate entry of data, and other procedures that are required to ensure accuracy when acquiring data. Also covered are some basics in interpreting and analyzing the collected data. Students will properly connect to and test a sampling of valves including sliding stem and rotary as well as spring and diaphragm and piston options.
Students who complete this will:
- Navigate features of QUIKLOOK 3-FS or FlowScanner 6000 software
- Correctly mount sensors and related QUIKLOOK 3-FS or FlowScanner 6000 hardware on standard air-operated valves (AOV’s)
- Enter valve, instrument, and actuator data
- Correctly enter test parameters
- Perform various step and stroking tests to collect diagnostic data
- Analyze typical/atypical, graph data
- Create/view reports
This course is for personnel who will perform and interpret control valve diagnostic testing using a QUIKLOOK 3-FS or FlowScanner 6000.
Knowledge and experience of valves, actuators, control valve instrumentation operation and basic maintenance. Completion of 1400 or 1400V, 1700 or 1700V, and 1450 courses is recommended but not required.
- QUIKLOOK 3-FS or FlowScanner 6000 valve diagnostic system hardware/Software Overview
- In-Depth Software Navigation
- Setup and Testing Techniques
- Data Entry & Test Criteria Best Practices
- Data Management
- Report Generation/Expected Results
- Background Software Routines and Equations for the Analysis Numbers
- Laboratory Activities/Support