What if you had a tool that would import an aerial photo or drawing of your site and allow you to plan your wireless network infrastructure?
With Emerson’s “Wireless Planning Tool” you can determine locations, distances and best practices for mounting your wireless devices prior to purchasing.
- Click the “Get Started” button on the “Wireless Planning Tool” page.
- Load the aerial photo like I did and define the scale by drawing a line from one point to another on the photo.
- Once the line is drawn you simply input the distance into the box that pops up. It’s important to get the distance right because it sets the scaling of your site for the additional wireless devices.
- Drag and drop a wireless gateway and your wireless devices onto the photo.
- The next box that pops up allows you to enter a device tag, mounting height, known obstructions and notes.
- Once you have added your devices, click the check box. The tool will identify problem areas in your network. You will know how many devices connect to each other as “neighbors” to form a strong wireless network.
This useful tool allows you to create a design plan that benefits all phases of your wireless project.
Check it out if you are considering wireless!
Let me know in the comments section below, if you have any questions.