This is a 5-day course providing information on virtually all facets of steam boiler operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting. Common boiler auxiliaries and operating techniques are covered in detail. Safety and efficiency of operation are stressed. Information is included on modern boiler water treatment techniques, construction and repair methods, waste heat recovery, controls fuels, and draft.
The training manual includes the latest information on instrumentation and PLC controls systems, variable-frequency drives (VFD’s), steam system optimization, reverse osmosis systems, low-NOχ burners, and boiler start-up and shutdown procedures.
On Friday, the American Society of Power Engineers (ASOPE) Region 4 will provide Entry Level 3rd class level testing.
This course is for Steam Plant Operators, Steam Plant Maintenance Personnel; Steam Plant Supervisors/Managers, Facility Operators/Maintenance Personnel, and anyone associated with energy conversion.
- Boiler Theory and Principles
- Boiler Construction and Design
- Steam Systems and Controls
- Water Supply Systems and Controls
- Water Treatment Systems and Controls
- Fuel Systems and Controls
- Draft and Flue Gas Systems and Controls
- Instrumentation and Control Systems
- Boiler Operation and Maintenance
- Boiler System Optimization
Note: Exam, Licensing, and Handbook included