AboutLearn more about us, our values and our history
Who Are You?
You are a trusted leader in a process or power industry.
You work in an area like:
- Information Systems
- Process Engineering
- Process Control
- Regulatory Compliance
- Quality Control & Validation
- Electrical & Instrumentation
You are challenged to:
- Remain competitive
- Eliminate waste & cut costs
- Improve safety
- Shorten delivery times
- Reduce energy use
- Reduce mechanical downtime
- Improve quality
- Comply with regulations
- Protect your data and process from cyber attacks
Sometimes you have to deal with:
- Outdated process equipment
- Obsolete field measurement and control devices
- A smaller workforce that lacks the skills to implement newer technologies
- Protecting your digital systems and keeping them secure
- Complying with hard to understand regulations
- Smaller budgets and less capital funding
- Lack of on-line analysis tools for knowledgeable decisions
How can we help?
We help customers just like you
- Update measurement and control technology to improve operations and reduce costs.
- Monitor plant equipment and controls on-line to predict and eliminate expensive unplanned downtime.
- Predict safety equipment failures during production so you can plan a safe shutdown.
- Train employees on new technology to increase operational efficiency and control.
- Supplement your existing workforce with skilled workers.
- Collect and analyze data to identify problems, improve the process and make better decisions.
What do we Promise?
Our goal is to provide help and not hype.
We promise to listen and seek to understand your problem first, before we try to solve it or suggest a solution.
If we don’t think we are a good fit, we will tell you upfront and suggest an alternative if we know of one.
We have over 200 associates and a company legacy of helping others for over 75 years.
– Arthur Ashe
What about our history?
RE Mason Company is a private family owned company based in Charlotte, NC.
Robert E. Mason started the company in 1940 by helping plants in the Carolinas solve their challenges using his practical skills. He graduated with a degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of North Carolina.
Mr. Mason looked for new ways to help companies in the Carolinas by providing mechanical equipment for their operations.
In 1942 Mr. Mason became the representative of the Fisher Governor Company, which later became Fisher Controls. Fisher is now a product brand of Emerson Process Management.
The image was taken from “The Fisher Story: 125 years of process Control experience” published in 2005 by Fisher Controls International LLC and written by Marcy Patterson and Lesley Smid.
In the late 40’s Mr. Mason introduced a product to the textile industry which made it possible to collect waste cotton for use in mops and other items. Eventually almost every cotton mill in the Carolinas had the Lummus Cotton Gin product.
By the 50’s the Mason products and services included not only Fisher governors, pressure and level controllers, but also:
- Industrial mixers
- Fans and air handling equipment
- Material handling equipment
- Air diffusers
- Industrial grills and registers
In 1968, Robert E. Mason died at the age of 61 in a private plane crash. Robert (Bob) E. Mason, III, followed in his father’s footsteps and in 1996 Robert E. Mason, IV, became president. Robert (Bob) E. Mason III continues to be involved in the family business.
The company covered only North and South Carolina until 2012 when it acquired Control Dynamics, which represented Emerson and Fisher in the state of Virginia.
What Industries do we help?
Some of the industries we help include:
- Power & Utilities
- Industrial Power
- Food & Beverage
- Pulp & Paper
Where are we located?
- Charlotte, NC
- Richmond, VA
- Raleigh/Durham, NC
- Wilmington, NC
- Charleston, SC
- Greenville, SC
What are Our Core Values?
- Integrity: Honest, Trustworthy, Selfless, Fair, Lives by the Golden Rule
- Perseverance: Discipline, Patience, Work Ethic
- Reliability: Available, Consistent, Can always be counted on
- Responsiveness: Timely, Friendly, Attentive, Good Listener
- Attitude: Make it Happen, Expect to Win, Glass Half Full
- Competency: Strive for Excellence, Good at what we do, “A” players, Always Learning
- Teamwork: Team Spirit; Helpful, Generous, Good Will
- Accountability: Good Judgment, Focused on Results