Career OpportunitesOpenings & Opportunites
Join a Company that offers:
- Stable and mature work environment – 70+ years exclusive relationship with Fisher/Emerson.
- Exciting and dynamic work – with a varied customer base in a multitude of industries.
- An organization where the individual, as well as the team, are valued.
- An organization where the customer is valued.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
RE Mason Company is seeking:
- Energetic, detail-oriented, dynamic engineers who enjoy challenges and finding solutions.
- Educational backgrounds in chemical engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, industrial engineering and related fields.
- Individuals who can demonstrate our basic Core Values:
- Team Work
RE Mason Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. RE Mason Company complies with all applicable state, federal and local laws, regulations and ordinances prohibiting discrimination in places where RE Mason Company operates.
RE Mason Company is committed to taking affirmative steps to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
RE Mason Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the laws set forth in this poster.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and need to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with RE Mason Company, please call our office at (704) 375-4465.
To Apply online follow the steps below:
- Click on the position below to expand and see the details.
- Click the “Apply” button to link to the Application Form
- Complete the form and attach your resume and other relevant documents (i.e., cover letter, cv, reference letters).
- Click “Submit” to complete the application.
You will receive on screen confirmation, as well as, email confirmation.
Application Engineer (reviews begin 4/3/2017)
LOCATION: Charlotte, NC
The Application Engineer (AE) role is an integral part of the application engineering, inside sales, and customer service team. The position entails communicating with multiple entities; customers, vendors and coworkers to deliver a superior level of customer service and technical support. The AE must be able to respond to technical and sales based customer inquiries related to the products and services with little or no oversight from management.
The AE will work with Account Managers to pursue day to day sales, as well as project opportunities for the company while acting as the liaison between the customer and manufacturer. The AE will have proficient product knowledge across the breadth of our product offering. The AE will also be knowledgeable with regards to industry applications and adept at handling critical and severe service applications. The primary interface is telephone calls and email. Customer site visits may also be required occasionally.
- Respond to inquiries from customers
- Perform sizing and selection of valves, actuators and other process control instruments with little to no oversight required
- Preparing some engineered solutions for critical and severe applications at our customers’ plants with some oversight required
- Creating valve assemblies through use of stock components and bill of materials
- Preparing daily quotations and project bids with little to no oversight required
- Reconcile purchase orders against quotations, and processing orders from receipt through shipment and invoicing
- Troubleshooting technical issues via telephone with customers
- Develop relationships with customer accounts and pursue/qualify sales opportunitiesKeeping up with new technology and industry trends
- Review of terms and conditions for contracts/purchase orders
Other tasks as assigned
- Customer service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team Work
- Proficient understanding of process control industry
- Self-Motivated, organized and professional
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical and electrical components for process control industry
- Basic project management skills
- Sets and manages customer expectations successfully
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 1-year application engineering/inside sales experience
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is preferred, or equivalent industry experience
Valve Automation Specialist (reviews begin 4/3/2017)
The Valve Automation Specialist (“Specialist”) shall develop and maintain business relationships with decision makers and purchase influencers in the assigned territory for manual and automated valve business. The Specialist must understand the customers’ business, be able to identify customer needs and business drivers, be aware of the customers’ organizational dynamics and be able to develop an account strategy – to profitably grow a portfolio of products and services designed to help customers increase the productivity and profitability of their plants.
The Specialist will work closely with other REM account management personnel to develop specific strategies to grow the manual and automated valve business at assigned accounts. The Specialist must be technically sound in the area of focus – manual and automated valves. This Specialist must have the technical skill foundation that supports growth into a subject matter expert and trusted advisor for their customers.
- Lead the overall sales effort, coordinating principal and internal resources as necessary to meet the customer’s requirements and objectives as it relates to the valve automation business.
- Work with REM account management team to develop sales plans, account strategies and forecasts – to meet company, team and individual targets and goals for REM’s manual and automated valve business.
- Travel to meet customers, present deliverables and benefits, and close business.
- Take the lead on any end-customer related issues for manual and automated valve business assigned to the Specialist.
- Develop and deliver formal technical presentations regarding REM manual and automated valve solutions.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders at each site and help them achieve their business objectives.
- Lead the proposal process for manual and automated valve solutions. Requires working with Inside Sales to deliver quality proposals that meet the customers’ needs.
- Analyze performance against budget, interpret sales results and profitability, and identify market/customer trends.
- Document the value delivered to customers to support business strategies (Qualified Business Result – QBR’s).
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of REM’s solutions to be a subject matter expert and trusted advisor for clients in the area of manual and automated valve needs.
- Provide regular status reports to Sales Management of the progress on account objectives and other metrics established for the manual and automated valve business.
- Be responsible, through guidance from the REM business unit VP, for his or her working relationship and communication with factory field and sales support.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills. \
- Work well in both Team and Individual settings.
- Demonstrated ability to interface and influence decision makers– Professionalism – Rapport/trust building skills.
- Prospecting and opportunity development for product and services sales.
- Strategic thinker with solid technical skills.
- Interpersonal skills; including engaged listening, acknowledging, questioning and discovery.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA degree required in a discipline that supports a technical knowledge of the business.
- Knowledge of the major industries served by REM.
- Prefer a minimum of ten years of technical sales experience with manual and automated valves in the REM territory or similar markets.
- Reaching Overhead
- Pushing and Pulling
- Lifting – 50 Pounds
- Using a Computer
- Using a Telephone
Every day is a new challenge, and I don’t mean conference calls and deadlines; I mean every day is solving real life problems that our customers have that they have trusted us to fix. It can be overwhelming at times, but the great thing about REM is the teamwork and “swarm to the ball” culture that draws years of experience together to overwhelm any issue.Josh W.
What drew me to REM was the atmosphere. You aren’t just a number when you work here; you are part of one big happy family.Thena S.
Speaking from an IT perspective, we have a small team so we have to remain very agile in our development environments. This allows for (and demands) greater creativity to produce fully-tested and functional code while giving the developers more personal latitude in terms of how it gets done.
The REM outreach programs (Habitat for Humanity, the Toy Drive, etc.) are well managed and everyone feels like they can participate.
The Wellness program is outstanding – everyone feels that they can participate without fear of judgment.Amanda C.
REM does what’s best for the people who work here. It’s a personal company, where people help each other succeed – which leads to a successful company. The work is dynamic and challenging; I find it very stimulating. Each project is a new experience with a new problem to solve.Laura H.
There are many reasons why I love working at REM. Since the first day I walked in the door, I have been treated with great respect from the ownership, all the way down the line. I have great people to work for and with. I have made many friendships along the way. The professionalism blends in with a family-oriented atmosphere perfectly. I would recommend anyone to work here.Shane F.
This is the only company that gives people a chance to prove themselves. It is a company full of opportunity and unlimited growth. I feel that my career with this company will be what I make of it. REM feels like home. Every day I am greeted with nothing but smiles and respect. This company has developed me way further than what I thought I could achieve. From fitness activities to holiday dinners, REM goes above and beyond to provide an outstanding work environment.Tyler H.